Cyber Liability Insurance
This is a relatively new area of cover. In fact most brokers are unaware of its true nature.
Any company with a website or email system should be aware of the risks involved both to themselves and to third parties in their use. If you trade online these risks become even greater.
Our insurance policy will protect you financially for any claim arising from your use of the internet, electronic mail, intranet, extranet or your web site.
Third Party Losses arising from:
- Infringement of intellectual property rights
- Breach of confidence or infringement of any right to privacy
- Misuse of any information which is either confidential or subject to statutory restrictions on its use
- Inadvertent transmission of a virus
- Fraudulent use by an employee of your electronic signature or external email
Your Losses arising from:
- Damage to your own website
- Damage to your computer network or any data you hold electronically arising from unauthorised access
- Reliance on a third party’s fraudulent use of any electronic signature, certificate or mail or website
- The fraudulent use of your own electronic signature, certificate or mail or website
You may need all or only some of these covers. Our experienced brokers will be able to advise you accordingly.